January 21, 2012

DIY | Mustache Mugs!

I picked up a set of white mugs at a thrift store for $2.00 a few days ago and wanted to do something fun with them. Who wouldn't want to drink their morning coffee out of a mustache mug? 
All you need is your mugs, some acrylic paint, a black marker and a paint brush!
I would also recommend having a sketch book to practice drawing your mustaches first and decide what kind of mustaches you want to put on your mugs. Or, you could even make your own stencils by cutting your drawing out, if you're not comfortable with free-hand drawing on the mug.
So I drew my mustaches on the mugs...
Paint at least 3 coats, allowing about 10-15 minutes to dry between each coat.
And there you go! You can also use a gloss to seal the paint after they're all dry.
Yay! My hot chocolate is going to be manly.
Have a fun and fantastic Saturday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this idea.
    What kind of gloss do you recommend sealing it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm definitely going to do this for
    a xmas gift. Would clear nail polish work as a sealer?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!