December 07, 2011

Paper Crane Mobile

I did a project awhile back that involved a lot of paper cranes. Eventually, I didn't need the paper cranes anymore, but I'd put so much work into them (I made about 500 total), that I didn't want to just throw them out. So here's how I used a few...


I found an old plastic picture frame that couldn't really hold pictures anymore and took the back out. I cut different lengths of thread and ran them through the middle of the cranes, tying a knot on the ends of the thread. Then I attached the cranes to the back side of the frame with hot glue. Easy as pie.


The picture frame was light and thin, so all I needed to do was use a clear thumb tack to hold it into the ceiling.


You could also use this as a mobile above a babies crib, or spread them out up against the wall to make wall art, or a head board.

If you don't know how to make paper cranes and would like to learn how, here is a helpful link.

1 comment:

  1. Basically Lego bricks and sets help kids to think inside and outside the box.
    Large sailing ships are always popular Lego sets if sales on the secondary
    market are anything to go by. Then jot down the name of
    your little kid on the smooth and flat side using a permanent
    marker.

    My blog post :: Lego Spongebob

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!