December 19, 2011

DIY Medicine Pouch Necklace



This necklace was very easy to make. You only need a few things from the craft store or thrift store.
I got all of the stuff I needed for less than $10 from the craft store. I used a small turquoise pendant I found, but you can use any accessory you'd like, or none at all. I also have a hole punch that I used, but if you don't have any, or they are not strong enough, scissors work just fine.
First, I cut my piece of leather into a small square. Then I made holes on each side and in each corner. I thread my leather strip through the holes and strung my turquoise on as well. Place your cotton into the opening, pull it tight and tie it a few times at the end. I also then used some leather fringe I had here at home to add to the bottom of the pouch. You can get that for less than $4.00 a yard at any fabric store. Just hand-stitch or hot glue it onto the fringe to the bottom. Lastly, cut two more small holes in the top of the pouch and run any old chain through it!
And you're set! A brand new necklace. One that would probably cost at least $20 bucks at a store, if not more and you can make it for less than $10! Hope you enjoyed this one!

1 comment:

  1. I love the look. What are the dimensions of the square you cut?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!