December 30, 2011

DIY Lace Bowl

Here is a unique and extremely simple idea for a decorative bowl. 

You need lace (you could even use a lace doily instead of lace strips), Mod Podge, a balloon, and a paint brush.
Put your lace strips or doily over the balloon and use the paint brush to cover the whole thing. Hang it up somewhere, like in your shower, where it won't fall or get glue on everything. I hung my in my bathroom with a cloths-pen. Allow to dry overnight. 
After letting dry, pop the balloon and the lace will keep it's shape!
Then you can use it as a decorative flower bowl, a candle holder, a potpourri bowl, whatever you want. And you can make it in any size you want.
 Can't wait to make more of these for my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!